Thursday, March 15, 2018

Show #1 w/Artie Tobia - 6/22/16

Artie Tobia

This was my very first radio show.  Thankfully it was done with this guy . . . 

Despite the fact that I was clutching my 11-page scripted interview for dear life, I trusted that Artie would help me get through the jitters.  He did too... although as I listen today, it's so obvious that he was doing his very best to trip me up.   I'm surprised he didn't pull that script out of my hands!

Some of the topics we covered were; how does Artie feel about having other musicians cover his original music, how he got started in the music business, his past and upcoming performances, appreciation of Don McLean's music, his exciting year since the release of Aberdeen and we practiced our comedy routine.

It's been almost 2 years since that first show and I'm listening and laughing.  I can hear my mistakes, shaky voice and lack of confidence.  To this day, I still remember that rush of accomplishment and the nervous racing heart feeling.  Hopefully, I never lose that memory.  It helps to keep me grounded. Last thing I want to do is believe my own hype!  LOL!   

Give a listen see if you can figure out why I decided to go with Artie as my first guest.  



https://www.mixcloud.com/PawlingPublicRadio/jacques-giant-hudson-valley-music-show-june-22-2016/

Songs Performed In-Studio
Vagabond

Aberdeen

Spinning Recorded
Dogwood Tree Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment