Friday, March 16, 2018

Show #3 w/Thom Ianniccari ~ 7/6/16

Show #3  
Still leaning on friends and learning my way.  This show I thought it would be fun too bring in a "music expert" and talk about what's happening in the Hudson Valley.  Thom Ianniccari came in and gave us a run down on all the happenings going on that summer, 2016 in the Hudson Valley.

I had just come across Sister Sparrow & the Dirty Birds in my Internet "travels," and Mike Bergquist queued them up performing Freight Train for the show opening.

We played a few more songs.  Oops, I forgot to write down the second song we spun

"Nicole" called in to tell us all about the Yorktown Grange Fair.  Turns out she is friends with Thom I.  Nicole gave us the run down on the music being featured, and details we all need to know about their website, start time and events. 

Thom kept on going with his stories and local musicians he's worked with.  He gave us a scoop about Live at the Fillmore featuring, Lou Maresca.

I'm enjoying re-listening to this interview.  Many of the musicians Thom mentions, we have been hearing a lot about the past two years.  Seems Thom does in deed have his finger on the pulse of what's happing in the region.  

We closed out with a spin of Justin Veatch performing, Whipping Post.  

Here's a link to the third show if you want to take a listen.  Link to Show #3

No comments:

Post a Comment